Dates: Wednesday August 16 – Thursday August 17, 2017
Location: Brock University (St. Catharines, Ontario)
Proposal Deadline: June 1
Early Bird Registration Deadline: June 22
The two-day conference will include keynote addresses, presentations, workshops, and digital tool training that focus on the innovative use of digital technologies to enhance and transform undergraduate and graduate teaching.
• Dr. Ian Milligan, University of Waterloo
"Learning to Collaborate (or Why You Should Hang Out with Librarians)"
• Dr. Bonnie Stewart, University of Prince Edward Island
"The State of Digital Pedagogy: Where Networks and Institutions Intersect"
• Dr. Joycelyn Wilson, Georgia Tech
"The Hip Hop Archive as Pedagogical Design Issue: Speculating Across the Digital to the Physical "
You are invited to submit a proposal for a paper, workshop, or poster:
• digital pedagogy best practices in the Humanities or Social Sciences;
• digital pedagogy collaborations between faculty, educational developers, librarians, and/or graduate/undergraduate students;
• digital pedagogy collaborations with organizations outside the academy;
• the state of digital pedagogy education in higher education;
• digital pedagogy case studies, including course and assignment innovations;
• innovative new uses for traditional digital pedagogy tools.
The Digital Pedagogy Institute is a partnership between Brock University, the University of Guelph, and the University of Toronto Scarborough.
David Hutchison, PhD, PMP
Professor, Department of Teacher Education, Faculty of Education
Director, Centre for Digital Humanities, Faculty of Humanities