· Store: an e-commerce component that facilitates the purchase Hopkins books, CDs, t-shirts, sweatshirts, coffee mugs, etc.
· Blog or Bulletin Board: with new book releases, calls for conference papers and special issues of journals, updates on scholarly projects, etc.
· Development of and integration of external social media feeds, including Facebook and Twitter
· Excellent oral and written skills to communicate across technical and non-technical team members
· Significant experience with front-end development and knowledge of web development standards
· Ability to take initiative and work successfully in a collaborative environment
· A CV and a short statement of the designers’ experience with web and social media design, including examples of sites designed; aptitude with social media; and proficiency in different web platforms. If the designer is not Chicago-based, a statement of any perceived challenges in working from a distance is appreciated.