Accessing online the Russian and British journals from y Dr. Anna Vaninskaya's article in the TLS: "Under Russian Eyes"
I hope that my reader finds these links of interest. To access our resources one must be either on campus and use the public use computers in the library or if one is a member of the student, faculty community with Cal id, one can authenticate using the proxy or vpn for off campus access. For more information please visit this link.
There are several other important books on this topic of Russians in Britain. One of them that comes immediately to my mind is Russia in Britain, 1880-1940: From Melodrama to Modernism.
1. Russkoe Bogatsvo (Issue No. 1, 1908): Google Books project provides access to the digitized issues of this journal.
2. Vesy : We have the Krause reprint of the title. However it is available full-text here.
3. Russkie Vedomosti: I believe that we have full-text access to it through the Center for Research Libraries catalog (CRL).
4. Mir Bozhii: I was able to find online several issues of Mir Bozhii. In the library, we do have several issues and a microform set of this journal. The journal archive is available on the Hathi Trust library.
5. Russkaia Mysl': In some cases, some issues of older Russian journals can be found on the internet. For example, a 1881 issue of the journal is deposited here. However I will caution you again downloading the materials due to copyright related issues. In some cases, one might end up downloading a malware or a virus that might disable one's computer network.
6. Severnyi vestnik : The issues from 1887:1-1897:10 are available on Hathi Trust here.
Published: S.-Peterburg : Tip-īi︠a︡ V. Demakova, 1885-1898.
Subjects: Russian literature-19th century- Periodicals.
Note: Some issues are accompanied by supplements.
Physical Description: 77 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
7. Viestnik Evropy: We have a run of Viestnik Evropy that can be found here.
It can also be found in the Hathi Trust.
|Previous Title:||Vi︠e︡stnik Evropy (Moscow, R.S.F.S.R.)|
|Published:||S.-Peterburg : Stasi︠u︡levich, 1866-1919.|
> Intellectual life
Europe > Politics and government > 19th century > Periodicals.
|Physical Description:||53 v. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
8. Pall Mall Gazette.
We have this newspaper in our library in several formats. The electronic version of this newspaper is on the CRL's website. The 19th Century British Library periodicals database provides access to the issues of this newspaper for Feb 07, 1865 - Dec 31, 1909.
There were three other important UK Newspapers that were mentioned in this article. These were
the Daily Mail, the Academy and the Daily Chronicle. I did not spend time locating these in the catalog as these might be relatively easy to find.