Job: Assistant professor (Tenure Track system) in the field of Russian Literature (Ghent University)
- candidates are required to hold a PhD with a doctoral thesis (or equivalent thereof) and to have at least two years of postdoctoral research experience on October 1, 2014;
- candidates are required to have excellent research experience in the field mentioned, as is evident from recent outstanding publications in books and/or peer-reviewed journals;
- an international ‘profile’ gained, for instance, through participation in research programmes at institutions other than one’s own, will be considered an asset;
- candidates are required to possess the necessary didactic, organizational and communicative skills for teaching in an academic context;
- knowledge of one or more of the literatures of south-eastern Europe will be considered an asset;
- candidates are required to have experience in supervising research and/or coaching PhD students.
- Applications should be sent no later than April 4 2014
- by e-mail to email@example.com,
- using the specific application form for BOF positions.
Proofs of competency (e.g., copies of the applicant’s diplomas) should also be sent at this stage, together with an explanation of the main research assignment of the scientific research proposed by the candidate during the BOF position. This “research plan” should comprise at least three and no more than five pages in English, together with an English summary on one page. Candidates are asked to highlight their motivation and the key reasons why they should be considered for the job in the cover letter (please merge all the documents in one file). The candidate will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the application.