The work will be organized in the following panels:
1. Belarus and the system of regional cooperation;
2. “Belarusian model”, 1991-2011: summary of two decades of development;
3. Soviet past in the regional perspective: (de-)(neo-)(post-)Sovietization;
4. Grand Duchy of Lithuania: the fact and the idea;
5. A nation in Central and Eastern Europe: community and identity;
6. Belarusian society and culture: strategies in the globalized world.
Suggested topics for public discussions:
1. Belarus and the Eastern Partnership initiative;
2. Elections in Belarus, 2008-2010: consequences and perspectives;
3. Belarus-Lithuania relations: state, perspectives and obstacles.
More information about the concept of the event, organizers and partners can be found on the Congress’ web-site: www.icbs.lt.
The organizers will cover accommodation costs and provide visa support as well. It is also planned that the organizers will be abl…